1. What does this tell us about Jesus (the sower)?
- He’s wise/prudent
- He’s patient
- He is aware of the challenges/circumstances we face.
- He has our best interests in mind
- He expects us to bear fruit.
2. What does this tell us about the devil (The enemy)?
- He’s into destruction/harm, not good/gain.
- He works in the dark
- He’s patient too
- He can be frustrated/beaten
3. What does this tell us about the fruits of the devil (the weeds)?
- They often look a lot like good things
- It often takes a while before their badness becomes apparent.
- They can become intertwined into our lives once we let them get a foothold.
- They can be overcome, but only with divine help & patience.
4. What does this tell us about the wheat (us, presumably)?
- It must co-exist, put up with evil
It will ultimately be delivered from evil, but only with Jesus’ help
- It is expected to bear fruit.
- It can only bear fruit if it surrenders to Jesus
5. How do we deal with the Tares?Psalm 37:1-11